Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Interesting one HERE on how local governments say academies drain a disproportionate amount of money away from LEA maintained schools (effectively saying converting to academies are a smokescreen for more stringent local government cuts). Well, they would say that eh, Mr. Gove?

A fair few mentions of Kent LEA too, who are none too happy apparently.
Kent also calculates that the overfunding of academies is so acute that, if 30% of its schools were to convert to academy status, payments to them would leave it with no budget at all for services to support the remaining 70%.

No comments:

Post a Comment